Journeyman continually seeks quality subcontractors for our projects. We work hard to put together the best teams for our clients and encourage a spirit of teamwork with all subcontractors on our projects.
Please visit the tabs below for information on upcoming bidding opportunities, access to our plan room and required forms.
We encourage HUB and M/WBE firms to bid on our projects. We are fully committed to involving HUB and M/WBE firms in our projects and to assisting these firms with developing their businesses. With this goal in mind, we are involved in Mentor Protégé Programs in Texas.
To access PLAN/SPECS for projects that are currently bidding, please click here: Plans / Specs
The Login and Password is included in your bid invitation. Please contact Tiffany Fincher at 512.247.7000 if you need assistance.
Electronic copies of the following documents are to be submitted to the Project Administrator no later than the 20th of the month to be considered in the current month’s owner pay application.
- Subcontractor/Vendor Application for Payment form (JC App)
- Schedule of values, detailing your progress draw (SOV)
- Sub/Vendor J-1 Form This document listing ALL of your: material suppliers, equipment rental companies, lower tier subs & leased labor providers that you anticipate using and/or which you have used through the course of the project. You must include vendor names, addresses, phone, contact name & email address! This document is mandatory. Please notify your vendors that a Journeyman representative will be calling to determine the status of payment for goods and services. (J-1 Form)
Before you mobilize on the job site and before your first pay app is submitted we must have received from you:
- Compliance with MyCOI and insurance requirements listed in your agreement with Journeyman Construction.
- Schedule of values for prior approval by Journeyman’s project manager
- If required by your subcontract, P&P Bond or LOC
What documents are required with your payment application?
We have provided you with electronic copies of the following documents that are to be submitted to the Project Administrator no later than the 20th of the month to be considered in the current month’s owner pay application.
- Subcontractor/Vendor Application for Payment form.
- Sub/Vendor J-1 Form This document listing ALL of your: material suppliers, equipment rental companies, lower tier subs & leased labor providers that you anticipate using and/or which you have used through the course of the project. You must include vendor names, addresses, phone, contact name & email address! This document is mandatory. Please notify your vendors that a Journeyman representative will be calling to determine the status of payment for goods and services.
- Schedule of values (AIA G702 format) detailing your progress draw
When will you receive funding?
We will issue your funding within 5-10 business days after we receive payment from the owner. Owner payment is typically received 30-60 days billing is submitted.
Joint checks to vendors and lower tier subs.
Unless you have supplied a payment and performance bond, we will contact all parties listed on your J-1. Joint checks will be issued to ensure payment and keep the project free from liens and claims, as required by our contract with the owner. Issuance of joint checks to your vendors is not a reflection of your credit worthiness. Unconditional releases through the current payment period from your vendors will be accepted in lieu of a joint check.
How will you know when your check is ready?
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org instructing you to complete your waiver. Upon Journeyman’s receipt of your waiver, your check will available to be mailed or picked up. If Joint checks are issued, you must appear in person to endorse payment(s) and sign your waiver. We will forward the joint check(s) to your vendor and obtain a lien release.
Who can you contact to inquire about the status of your payment?
You may call or email your Project Administrator and Project Manager to request a payment status update.
When will retainage be paid?
Retained funds will be disbursed after final completion of the entire project and when all operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, attic stock and any other contractually required close-out items have been accepted and approved by the owner. In addition, you will be required to execute a final lien waiver and provide final lien waivers from all lower-tier subcontractors and vendors listed on any J-1 form.
What is MyCOI?
MyCOI is the insurance management company that receives, stores, tracks and reviews all insurance for compliance with your agreement.
Once your agreement is fully executed, an email will be sent to you asking you to register online with myCOI. Part of the registration process includes providing contact information for your insurance agent(s). You will also need this information available to you at the time of registration. Once you have registered and entered the email address for your insurance agent(s), an email will be sent to the insurance agent(s) requesting them to upload your Certificate of Insurance (COI) directly into the myCOI website. Certificates of Insurance cannot be mailed, emailed or faxed to Journeyman Construction. You will not be allowed to begin work and no payments will be made to you until registration is completed and a compliant COI is received from your agent(s).
Please check back soon for information on our next event.